- Permissions, either those of the file itself, or the containing directory. Mo, the permissions were just fine!
- Length of the path name. Actually, the full path name contained quite some characters, but still far away from the 256 that I am aware of.
- Too many open files. No, I have had my share of beginners faults and was properly closing.
- Wait for the error message from Windows.
- Check the file name.
- Throw a meaningful error message that explains the problem.
$ touch aux.c jwi@MCJWI01 /c/Users/jwi/workspace/afw-vfs $ ls -al aux.c -rw-r--r--+ 1 jwi Domain Users 0 May 1 16:02 aux.c jwi@MCJWI01 /c/Users/jwi/workspace/afw-vfsSo, our JDK programmer has managed to move the problem with the "aux.c" file name from Windows to the JDK. Thanks, a lot!